Dorie Community Preschool is a community based early childhood centre that was opened in August 2009, built by our community for our community. We are licenced for 36 children with up to 10 of these being Under 2's. In our unique rural setting our purpose built centre sits within our local farming community and alongside the local primary school.
We understand the importance of quality care for infants and young children and provide a warm caring environment for children to explore, discover and build on individual interests in an inviting learning environment, we work at a 1:3 ratio.
The teachers at Dorie Community Preschool recognise that parents are the child’s first teachers and work alongside them to establish meaningful relationships that allow families to feel welcome and assured that the aspirations that they hold for their child are valued and respected.
To provide affordable, high quality care and education for our unique rural community.
- Passionate and reflective teachers who aspire to be lifelong learners
- Enterprising governance
- Engaging children’s minds through inspirational and enjoyable curriculum experiences
- Support for families inclusive of diverse cultures
- Clearly articulated professional standards at all times
- Fostering a reciprocal partnership with families/Whanau and the wider community
- Effective and efficient management systems.